For a fixed fee we will upgrade your Planning Drawings for a Double Storey Extension to a Full Package of Building Regulations Drawings and Specifications.
Our Building Regulations Packages are suitable for the purposes of obtaining Full Plans Building Regulations approval or for the validation of a Building Notice.
Stage 1 - Instruction To Proceed:
Once the Set-Up fees have been collected we will visit you at your property to discuss your requirements and will also measure your property.
In the days following our survey we will create your As Existing and As Proposed Floor Plans and Elevations drawings. When these drawings are ready (usually within 5 working days) we will send them to you by email for review
When you are satisfied that the development of your Planning Drawings is complete you can instruct us to upgrade your drawings to a Full Building Regulations Package.
Stage 2 - Production of the Building Regulations Package:
We will base your Building Regulations Package on the finalised version of your planning drawing drawings. Each Building Regs package is tailored to its specific project but generally the documents will be prepared as listed below:
- Dimensioned Floor Plans and Elevations - this will be a large scale drawing with all critical dimensions and angles clearly written - this is an extremely useful drawing for your builders. The dimensioned plans will also demonstrate window and door schedules.
- Ground Works Layout - if your project requires foundations to be built we will create a drawing which demonstrates the foundation/floor slab layouts and dimensions. We also give an approximate volume for the required concrete and floor screed to help your builders with pricing and ordering.
- Thermal Envelope - the general construction of the building envelope and the insulation provisions are detailed on this drawing. Solutions for key junction points will be clearly detailed for your builders ease of reference.
- Structural Openings - all of the structural openings for your project will be demonstrated on their own layout for ease of identification. Generally the lintels for window and door openings will be specified on our drawings but larger openings will need to be designed by a Structural Engineer. Our drawings will enable the Structural Engineers to quickly provide competitive quotations for your structural scheme. If you are not planning to create large openings you may not require structural calculations.
- Roof Layout - this drawing will demonstrate the general roof construction and insulation requirements.
- Drainage Layouts - we create a separate drainage drawing to clearly demonstrate the ideal above and below ground drainage layouts for your project. This drawing may also need to be used if you are building over or close to a shared drain.
- Electrical Services Layout - again we create a separate drawing to demonstrate an ideal electrical services layout. We demonstrate things like plug sockets, light switches, lighting layouts, smoke alarms, extract fans etc.
- Building Regulations Scope of Works Document - as well as the detailed drawings, we will generate a written specification detailing numerous important details for your project. This document is an extremely useful reference point and good for inclusion within your contractual documents with your builder.
Stage 3 - Submission to Building Control
Once we have generated your Building Regs Package and collected any specialist design packages (ie the structural calculations if required) and the final fees for the works, we will submit your application to Building Control on your behalf. They will check our plans and let us know if they would like any changes to our proposals.
When Building Control have confirmed that you can proceed with the build we will issue you with 2 printed copies of the Building Regulations package.
Included In Our Price:
- Site Visit - Including Weekend Visits
- Measured Site Survey
- Production of a Job Specific Building Regulations Specification Document
- Upgrade of Planning Drawings to Detailed Building Regulation Drawings scaled at 1:50 on A1 Paper
- Compilation of the necessary documents for submission to your local Building Control
- Acting as your Agent and dealing with Building Control on your behalf to ensure a Full Plans Approval is awarded for your project
- 2 Printed Copies of all Documents
There is sometimes a requirement for structural calculations to be provided for steel beams to span large openings or other structurally sensitive alterations to your project. As the structural requirements for each and every project can be so different it is impossible for us to include structural design and calculations in our standard packages, some projects require no structural work while others could require significant input from a structural engineer.
In order that every customer gets the best possible value for money we do not provide structural calculations. Instead we have a panel of suitably qualified engineers who provide us with competitive quotations for the specific structural requirements of your project - we pass these quotes straight to you, together with the bulk discounts we get from the engineers, so you can be sure you are getting great value for money.
You can be sure that you will only pay for the structural expertise that your project requires, if your project requires no structural calculations (ie if you are not planning to demolish large load bearing walls) then you will pay no additional fees.
If you think that you will need steel supports for openings etc then as a rule of thumb you should expect to pay about £95.00 in structural engineers fees for each steel beam that you will require. We will always get you a competitive quotation for your structural calculations so you can be confident you are getting great value for money.